On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:04 pm, Michal Maczka wrote:
> Yes - you are right they don't differ in this purpose.
> But it doesn't mean that one of them is not need. I think that
> repository is "easily navigated"
> when both "groupId" and "type" directories co-exits.

I guess what I saying is why not collapse both of them into one given that
there is no distinction in purpose or in implementation.

The only purpose of "type" in maven is to indicate how it is processed by the
runtime. (ie plugins get installed, jars get added to classpath etc). It does
not even specify that extension as there is a M-to-M between type and
extension. ie.

X.jar --> jar, ejb
distribution --> .tar.gz, .tar.bz2

Peter Donald