> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Nick Chalko wrote:
>
> > Given this spec
> > repository-uri = access-specifier "/" product-specifier "/"
> >                   version-specifier "/" artifact-specifier
> >

> > What is the version of this URL
> > http://repo.apache.org/org/apache/commons/nightly/alpha/1.0/foo.jar
> >    * Projet commons,  version Nightly  1.0 alpha
> >    * Project commons-nightly, version  1.0 alpha
> >    * Project commons-nightly-alpah  version 1.0  (release)
> >
> > I think we should tighten the spec enough so we can at least tell the
> > access, product,version, and artifact specifiers appart.
>

> +1
>
> Steve.

A repository URI cannot be parsed simply based on <repository-uri>.
It needs to be used in conjunction with the other proposals before
any information can be derived.

As stated previously, the URI doesn't match the criteria supported
by the other proposals. This doesn't mean that the URI is invalid,
it simply means that it isn't supported by them.
Tools that are based on the proposals should therefore ignore it.

Alternative approaches would be to:
. limit each *-specifier to a single path segment (i.e, disallow "/")
  Hopefully, the proposals show that this is too restrictive

. include delimeters in the URI
  E.g, http://repo.apache.org/organisation/apache/project/foo/version/...
  Duplicate information, and just plain *ugly*.

-Tim