[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: ...
I don't think a repository for distributing jars fits the requirements for (i) or (ii), and may possibly break (iii).

And I don't think the ASF would like to agree to (vi).

Well, IIUC it's because it's a jar repo you are talking about. I'm taking about downloading the whole thing from the sun site as users manually do. So there is effectively no distribuition difference.

I am aware that you guys know more about this because you have been pushing for this for such a long time. It's just that the issue was about distributing the jar, and thought that getting the whole distribution would be ok.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -