> From: Nick Chalko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ASL does not require click's for it's license.
> I think this is out of scope.
> It is an important discusion for tools,  but we are not doing tools here.
> R,
> Nick

Yes and no. It would be useful if the repository could
host virtual artifacts.
This enables:
. a unified view of artifacts to be presented to
  both users and tools
. virtual artifacts to be augmented with meta-data
  E.g, sun jars could have associated maven project.xml
. federation support
  At the very least, tools would need to be aware that
  they need to follow http redirects to get to the
  real artifact.

This group could make recommendations as to how
virtual artifacts could be supported.