> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Nick Chalko wrote:
>
> > Tim Anderson wrote:
> >
> >> For advocates of URI parsing, what problems are you trying
> >> to solve?
> >>

> >    * Discovery of  "what is available"
> >    * Repository exploring.
> >    * Auto cleanup of repositories.
> >

> > The URI spec is too loose.
>

> I completely agree.
>
> But I just want to add that all I want is either (a) a simple structural
> spec that does not imply more the 20 mins of concentration, or (b)
> something auto-explanitory ... a.k.a. server side meta (which acording
> to me is in scope relative to the objective of qualifying and
> differentiating organization, artifact, version and all of the other
> semantics that are currently being generalized.
>
> Today - we are not in the 20 min spectrum.
>
> Stephen.

I would dispute (a), but I'll admit I'm biased. The proposals
are public and can be edited and improved by anyone. If you feel there
are changes that can be made to improve readability, go ahead -
I claim no ownership - much of the content has been distilled
from earlier discussions and current ASF practices.

As for (b), put forward a proposal.

-Tim