Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

"Michael Davey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'd like to suggest some changes to the URI Syntax document:

Do your changes need to be mandated, or could they be recommendations? If
the former, what problem are you trying to solve?

The change to "organization" would be a recommendation. I guess the word MAY could be capitalised like for RFCs ( to emphasise that this is optional.

I'd suggest that the change to "project" be a mandate. The change could be considered a clarification to improve consistency in naming. The alternative would be to let, say, Commons Net define their project as "commons-net" while Commons IO may choose to call their project simply "io".