On 4/27/09 12:47 PM, Reed O'Brien wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Malthe Borch wrote:
>> 2009/4/27 Reed O'Brien<r...@reedobrien.com>:
>>> +0 I think it is OK to have a default one. Think "hello world".
>> Devil's advocate here, but:
>> You kind of don't need a templating language; in particular, you might
>> want to serve up binary files only, combined with JSON input/output.
>> We actually do that in ``repoze.filecat``.
>> \malthe
> I think this and Chris Rossi's:
> from webob import Response
> def hello_world_view(context, request):
>       return Response("Hello world!")
> promote bad code/markup mingling practices.
> I am all about minimalism and modularity, but don't remove the roof
> because there is more than one material to use for it.

Templating is an really common thing to want to do, frameworks inevitably do
make *some* choices, and chameleon.zpt happens to be an extremely good choice.
Especially now that chameleon.zpt and dependencies don't have any C
dependencies, there's very little downside to including it with the baseline
distribution AFAICT.