On Feb 2, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Daniel Lopez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Interesting. One question though, if I edit the config file and
> modify one
> of the cluster blocks, to add a new app for example, is Resin smart
> enough
> to just restart that specific cluster or will it restart all the
> instances
> due to the new timestamp of the config file?
> I guess it is the latter, as
> detecting changes in the config file, checking if they affect one
> or more
> instances etc... might be an overkill.

Resin would restart everything.  So that's an issue.  However, a
resin:import should only affect the specific <cluster>, e.g.

   <cluster>
     <resin:import path="..."/>

In that case, though, it might just be easier to have different
resin.conf and therefore different watchdog-port values.

It might be possible to enhance the watchdog to keep the resin.conf
information around, so you can use the same watchdog for different
resin.conf as long as you keep the server identifiers unique.

-- Scott