I have configured Resin to run as user www, group www:

> id www
uid=80(www) gid=80(www) groups=80(www)

But when I start Resin as root (so I can use port 80), it logs this

[10:34:36.695] Can't run as www(uid=-1), running as root.

It looks like uid lookup isn't happening as it should.  This is running
with Java 1.5 under FreeBSD 6.2.

How is this meant to work?  Presumably there would have to be some native
code hooks...What can I check to try to figure out where this is breaking

"Humans are a dangerously insane and very sick species."
   -- Eckhart Tolle
This message has been brought to you by Nick Johnson 2.2 and the number 6.
http://healerNick.com/       http://morons.org/        http://spatula.net/