Hi Everybody,

Using Resin Pro 3.0.23, enabling gzip compression works on Windows XP,
specifically the large (300K+) amount of javascript we use gets
compressed to 25% or so. Very nice.

But on Linux, only the HTML is compressed. This we verified using:
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/index.html and
Firefox's FireBug.

The Linux version is: CentOS release 4.5 (Final)

What we have in conf (and we've tried a number of variations) is:

        <web-app id="/" document-directory="/var/www/resin/deploy">
                <filter filter-name="gzip"
filter-class="com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter"/>
                <filter-mapping filter-name="gzip">
                        <url-pattern>
                                <exclude-pattern>*.pdf</exclude-pattern>
                                <include-pattern>/*</include-pattern>
                        </url-pattern>
                </filter-mapping>
       </web-app>