Would you be able to run the performance test again, on Resin and Tomcat ?
That way, you can charge your client company more time for 'evaluating' the
and the results of the tests would be an asset for your client company
to make them look smarter (justification of your extra charges ;)).
And, when you have time, would you please post your results here ?

Long time ago, somewhere on Caucho site, I saw some Resin performance data
against Apache,
Resin was slightly better or equal in regarding serving static pages, that
would help you simplify your web architecture if you were using Apache as first
tier to serve static contents.
I am not sure whether that performance data is still valid after several
revisions and I couldn't even find where it is now.

Thanks, Hari, you have brought up a good topic.