We are using Resin Pro 3.0.24 and have noticed an intermittent problem
that is rather weird.  After the JVM has been running for a few days, we
some times see the case where HTTP requests for certain files return a
blank HTML page such as:

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;

This seems to happen mostly with welcome files (index.html), and we see
behavior such as:

http://www.mydomain.com/mydirectory  --> works fine

http://www.mydomain.com/mydirectory/ --> returns this blank HTML page

http://www.mydomain.com/mydirectory/index.html --> returns the blank
HTML page as well

http://mydomain.com/mydirectory/ --> works fine

We run a Resin cluster and the weird part is that one JVM will return
the blank page while the other ones work fine.  When it happens, it
seems to affect a lot of pages at once, but only on the one JVM.
Restarting that JVM immediately fixes the problem... at least for a few

Our welcome file list (in app-default.xml) looks normal:

We are caching pages (in resin.conf):

    <resin:if test="${isResinProfessional}">

      <cache path="cache" memory-size="10M"/>

I don't want to turn on full debug logging because this happens in our
production environment but only after the JVM has been running for
several days.  I would prefer not to slow down the server for a long
time with the extra logging.

Has anyone else seen anything like this or know what might be causing