On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:23 PM, Shane Cruz wrote:

We are using Resin Pro 3.0.24 and have noticed an intermittent problem that is rather weird. After the JVM has been running for a few days, we some times see the case where HTTP requests for certain files return a blank HTML page such as:

This seems to happen mostly with welcome files (index.html), and we see behavior such as:

Mostly welcome files or always?

Is there any kind of exception in the log file?

When it happens, it seems to affect a lot of pages at once, but only on the one JVM.

Is there any pattern to the pages affected? Is this always cacheable pages or some cacheable and some non-cacheable?

-- Scott

Restarting that JVM immediately fixes the problem… at least for a few days.

Our welcome file list (in app-default.xml) looks normal:

  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.php</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

We are caching pages (in resin.conf):

    <resin:if test="${isResinProfessional}">
      <cache path="cache" memory-size="10M"/>
    </resin:if>

I don’t want to turn on full debug logging because this happens in our production environment but only after the JVM has been running for several days. I would prefer not to slow down the server for a long time with the extra logging.

Has anyone else seen anything like this or know what might be causing it?

Thanks,
Shane