Hi Alan,

Given that Resin by default creates work and tmp directories in the
WEB-INF directory of each application, it might be risky to 3 instances
of the application fiddling with those files, so it might be better to
separate those directories per instance.
I haven't done so with 4.X so I can't offer you a complete sample
configuration file, but using:
<temp-dir>: http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/reference.xtp#tempdir
and
<work-dir>: http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/reference.xtp#workdir
along with the ${server.id} should do the trick.

You might want to do something similar with the log files to distinguish
between them, for example in Resin 3 we use something like:
<log ...path="${resin.conf}/../../logs/resin-${server.id}.log" ...
so we get a log file per server.

I hope it helps,
D.
Daniel Lopez Janariz (d.lo...@uib.es)