Thank you Daniel

The following did the job in Resin 4 when inserted in the <web-app>

<!-- Specify per-server instance work and temp directories
            - where there are multiple Resin servers on a single
            - physical host to ensure different instances do not clash.
            - If clustering is changed to server per physical host these
            - can safely be removed -->
<temp-dir>${webApp.root}/WEB-INF/tmp/${server.id}</temp-dir>
<work-dir>${webApp.root}/WEB-INF/work/${server.id}</work-dir>

--

Alan Wright
Athene Systems

tel 0845 230 9803

Athene Systems Limited
Registered Office:
Shieling House
Invincible Road
Farnborough
GU14 7QU

Registered in England and Wales No. 3156080