On 10/30/12 10:14 AM, Keith Fetterman wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I could use a little help troubleshooting some messages in my
> jvm-default.log.  I am seeing a lot of the following messages in our
> Resin logs.  We are currently running Resin 4.0.23 Pro.
>> INFO com.caucho.env.health.HealthService
>> MemoryTenuredHealthCheck[WARNING:0.48% free (10.127M free, 2097.152M max,
>> 2087.025M used)]
> I did a bit of research this morning about adjusting tenured memory
> limits, but I didn't find anything specific to adjusting the value. Does
> anyone know what property I need to adjust?  I currently have the
> following Java settings in my resin.xml file:

As Knut said, that size should be plenty.

I'd look to see if you have some kind of memory leak. Take a look at
either the heap section of Resin's PDF or /resin-admin. Specifically
look for the ZombieClassLoaderMarker.
>> <jvm-arg>-J-server</jvm-arg>
>>              <jvm-arg>-J-d64</jvm-arg>
>>              <jvm-arg>-Xms3000M</jvm-arg>
>>              <jvm-arg>-Xmx3000M</jvm-arg>
>>              <jvm-arg>-XX:MaxPermSize=250M</jvm-arg>
> I could increase the -Xmx property, but I am wondering if there is a
> better property to tweak.
> I am also seeing the following warning messages:
>> WARNING com.caucho.health.analysis.AnomalyAnalyzer AnomalyAnalyzer
>> JVM|Thread|JVM Blocked Count WARNING
>> WARNING com.caucho.health.analysis.AnomalyAnalyzer AnomalyAnalyzer
>> JVM|Thread|JVM Runnable Count WARNING
> Does anyone have some advice on how to resolve these warnings?  I read
> the Resin documentation, but I didn't find something specific.

Again, take a look at the PDF report (or thread graphs at that time.)

If it's a little spike (2-3 threads), it's not a big problem, but if
there are lots of threads in that spike you might have some kind of
locking issue.

-- Scott