There are two different setups you have to do.

At the Backup Server, under Configure Clients, you specify how often you
want people backed up.

At the client control panel, you specify how many days to let go by
without backup before throwing up an error.

Dantz: it would be REALLY nice if the latter could be controlled from
the server.