David G. Thornton writes:

>Many will object, but in my opinion, the best way to distribute manuals is

Electronic files should never take the place of printed pages. I can sit
down with the Retrospect manual away from my computer, underline and
highlight things, dog-ear pages, and put on sticky notes. I can pull the
manual off the shelf and quickly find pages I've marked.

Or I can open an electronic file, hope I know the keyword, and try to
find the information I need.

Electronic files are a great supplement to a printed manual; they should
never replace it.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

  "As for Pentium PCs, well, they're harmless."