Open Transport, the Macintosh networking architecture, does not support
multi-link multihoming with TCP/IP. This means that applications will use
bind to the IP address set in the TCP/IP control panel for the primary NIC
card. Since you are using your primary NIC/interface to access your cable
modem, it is going to bind to it.

IPNetRouter uses the second NIC card by using lower level STREAMS
functionality that it is accessing directly from the networking stack and it
is not available via the Open Transport APIs.

So, you can't tell Retrospect for Macintosh clients to bind to the non
primary NIC/interface card unfortunately.

Another solution for you would be to consider buying an inexpensive
Cable/DSL router like the Linksys that people seem to like alot. It under
$160 for the 4 port version and around $100 for the one port version. This
would allow all you machines to be clients on the same network and avoid
this issue.

Good luck,