At 05:00 PM 6/19/2000 +1200, you wrote:
 >Joy, thanx, but already got that, i've been right through it...
 >it doesn't appear to be a network problem at all.
 >when i created a backupset on the hard drive i could backup a fast G4
 >no problemo
 >its only when i backup to a tape backupset...

Did you go through all the possibilities in the tech note?  It's as
thorough as it gets in a tech note and an excellent reference to test the
519 error for causes.

The only thing I'd suggest you do at this point is to contact Tech Support,
either via the web page or by phone.  (Try the web page first, since you're
in New Zealand)...

Good luck,