I'm in the midst of a big workstation rollout and I'm using Retrospect
to move data between computers. Here's the scenario --

Users moving from a G3 running 8.6 to a G4 running 9.0.4. I back up each
G3 to its own backup file on an external HD.

I have a standard profile of system folder & standard apps, etc, that
I've pre-installed onto every G4, using Apple Software Restore and a
custom .img file I created.

I want to back up the G3's and restore the files onto the G4's, but I
don't want to overwrite newer items with older items. (especially things
like "Finder" and "System").

Is there a way I can prevent Retro overwriting corresponding items that
have a newer mod date?
--

top of the world,

Luke Jaeger, Technology Coordinator
Disney Magazine Publishing
Northampton, Massachusetts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and may not represent
the opinions of Disney Publishing, etc etc etc.

*