I posted this on Low End Mac last night. If anyone ever questions the
wisdom of daily backup, have them read this article. We lost a half-day
of productivity during trouble-shooting, but once we restored from
backup, everything worked perfectly.

<http://lowendmac.com/musings/tips.html>

It was the kind of nightmare every information systems manager dreads:
the server kept crashing.

I spent most of last Friday morning wrestling our AppleShare IP server
back into shape. It had crashed twice after I left Thursday afternoon --
and then at least four more times Friday as I tried to fix things.

Fortunately we were prepared. Here's how you can be prepared when
disaster strikes.

Back Up Everything

I can't say enough about backup....

Dan Knight, IS manager/webmaster              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

  Macs for productivity, Unix for stability, Windows for solitaire