Just as a note, I was backing up my Tangerine iBook (color is the most
important feature, right?) over 100 BaseT to a FireWire hard drive on my
desktop computer and saw over 200 MB/min transfers for the entire backup.

If you have a mixed 10 and 100 network, it makes sense to get everyone over
to 100 if possible. The four times speed increase for network backup is well
worth it in my opinion.

Pat