>We have an orange an a blue iBook, both running Mac OS 8.6. The orange gets
>4.5 MB / min and the blue one doens't like Retrospect at all!

What exactly doesn't it like? Is it just s-l-o-w? If so, look into
Apple's Duplexer to force ethernet to a fixed speed and duplex setting.

Dan Knight, IS manager/webmaster              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

  Macs for productivity, Unix for stability, Windows for solitaire