What really bothers me is earlier versions had a mail management tool
that you could look into the file with.  The nice thing was that, for
example, my ASIP Mail file is about 60MB in size and I have no idea
why.  I only have three users using it, one being me.  Nobody is set
to "leave mail on server" so this file should be under 100k every 15
minutes or so.  Older AppleShare mail had a utility to show who was
getting all the mail and you could delete individual mail messages.

I thought about moving to Linux, but mail is a minor part of what
that server is doing, so for me it's not really a good option.
Everything else works perfectly and is very easy to manage.  I have
about 50 non-mail users on that server.