>I'm running it on a beige G3 300MHz desktop. I wouldn't trust a Power
>Computing system as a backup server...those are the Packard-Bell of the Mac
>clone world.

Actually, most of the motherboards are the same as the Apple
equivalents.  They changed other things like floppy drives and CD-ROM
drives to a cheaper 3rd party though.

I had a customer that had a Power Computing PPC.  Equivalent to the
8500. I opened it up and the motherboard had an Apple part number on
it.  The processor board was made by someone else.  The floppy drive
had died within months of getting the system.  The CD-ROM drive makes
an awful noise, but it still works.  The power supply is basically an
ATX power supply that was modified a little.