You should also make sure that you have the AppleShare Memory Manager
extension if it is required for your configuration. From the Retrospect 4.3

AppleShare IP 5.0 or later may freeze or crash when Retrospect is open,
though Retrospect is not the cause. Apple Computer has provided a fix for
this problem with AppleShare IP, an extension known as the AppleShare Memory
Manager, which you should obtain and use. You can learn more about and
download the extension from Apple:

between the Retrospect client and ASIP 6.x.

Irena Solomon
Dantz Technical Support