Thanks Eric,

Well I do think something needs to be done to fix this, the situation
is going to get worse. Imagine Win2001 or something like that, the
base installation will be enormous, many files and peoples needs ever
increasing. Only 10 years ago I was fine with 20mg, these days it's
20gig.

Add to this, what will happen with OSX, this uses extensive file
permissions and there are now thousands files to go through, yikes.

I might move the servers back to mac, documents are far more
important to get backed up than waiting in a queue to get file
permissions. Will this speed up if I tell it not to backup the
security?? I'll test this.

michael