On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Pam Lefkowitz wrote:

> I got an assertion check on a restore a couple weeks ago. Basically,
> the technotes told me to call tech support. :-)

Thanks, Pam.  I did hear back privately from Dantz, and they are keeping
an eye on the situation to see if it reoccurs.

> For me, I quit Retrospect, restarted, and tried the restore again.
> Worked just fine.

Same here - but for a scripted backup.

> However, my assertion check was a different "elem" number than yours.

Actually, after the initial message was dismissed, a series of maybe three
or four more of these boxes - each with a different "elem" number - did
appear in sequence.

Thanks again,

MI