Hi All,

I've been enjoying this discussion list a great deal.  I've taken notice of
the discussion concerning "shoeshining" of the heads and that got me

I checked the logs and noticed that 80-90% of the time is spent
idling/loading/preparing.  Is that really necesary?  Should I be doing
something different?  Shoudl I be concerned about this at all?

System configuration: Retrospect running on WindowsNT 4.0, sp6a with an
Onstream DI30 tape drive.  With rare exceptions, it backs up reliably every
day and I'm very pleased with it.