This was a red herring.  When the "Reviewboard is napping" message was
displayed, I figured something was running slowly, and I inferred the
problem was that I didn't have the mod_fastcgi working.  That's wrong,
of course.  There is no requirement for mod_fastcgi.  The real problem
was that  the PythonPath in my httpd.conf file was wrong.  It needs to
point at the directories containing the reviewboard settings files.
Also, it seems that the DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE value in the httpd.conf
file refers to directories with period.  That is, if it is set to
"reviewboard.settings", as specified in the example on the reviewboard
Getting Started docs, then it will look for the file "reviewboard/
settings.py" relative to the PythonPath setting.  So, in my case, my
settings file is in C:/reviewboard/settings.py which means that I need
to have "C:/" in the PythonPath.

This is for Apache 2.0 under Windows XP.

Hope this helps someone else with reviewboard/Django Windows Apache
config.