it's not a pretty solution, but what about setting up multiple reviewboard
instances, with different user credentials in each (one for each project
you've got) then you only create accounts on the servers that theyr'e
supposed to have access to.

Help me and the Leukemia and Lymphoma society fight blood cancers:

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Daniel Wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see an older discussion about the issue of Perforce security and the
> need to put the P4 user and client information into the server:
> Any update on this situation?
> My company is similarly concerned about this security issue and would
> like a way of passing through the user's perforce credentials.  Is
> anyone actively working on this issue?
> We have a large company and have many internal security groups.  There
> have been issues in the past with "server" accounts that make the IT
> department hesitant to set up a special Perforce account for the
> server.
> Can someone explain why the server needs Perforce access in the first
> place?  Why not just upload the required information as part of the
> user-side post-review script?
> BTW, I did install Windows NTLM authentication on my server using
> mod_auth_sspi with no issues so far, which provides a modicum of
> security.

To post to this group, send email to