Can we use p4 tickets somehow to solve this problem?

Would it be possible for each user to log in once per "session" using
a password that isn't saved anywhere, and retain permissions for that
user with a ticket?

Obviously we shouldn't store passwords in cleartext or with bad
encryption.  But I wouldn't mind entering a password once a day (or a
couple times) manually to get things started.  Would requiring the
password on each session should also get us around the password change
issue?

I'm pretty sure my IT dept won't allow us to store a password for the
respository in our config files.  Our IT department will not provide a
special account for the server.  Even read-only access is not secure
enough.  We need to prevent employees without access from *reading*
files within parts of the repository for which they don't personally
have access.  The danger for us is the release of the IP, not the
ability to modify the code.  For us, and I'm sure many others, solving
this issue will be essential to our use of reviewboard.