So, I think we already are using the official Perforce Python module.
That's good (it makes my IT guys happy).

Why do we use the client and repository setting for the Repository
instead of using a client/pass from the user?

I think my IT guys would be happy if we used the user's client/pass
information when the server accesses the repository instead of a
single, global user/pass.

Just poking around the code, how would I get the reviewboard user/pass
inside scmtools/  If I had folks set up their
reviewboard account using their same user/pass as they have with
Perforce, would it all Just Work (tm)?

On Sep 19, 5:00 pm, Daniel Wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone explored the new Python bindings for Perforce?
> They seem to have functions for logging in to the server with a
> specific user name and password from Python.  Could we use this and
> have the user's provide the Perforce user/pass as part of their client
> info?
> On Sep 19, 4:43 pm, "Jeff Andros" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > it's not a pretty solution, but what about setting up multiple reviewboard
> > instances, with different user credentials in each (one for each project
> > you've got) then you only create accounts on the servers that theyr'e
> > supposed to have access to.
> > Jeff
> > Help me and the Leukemia and Lymphoma society fight blood
> > cancers:
> > On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Daniel Wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I see an older discussion about the issue of Perforce security and the
> > > need to put the P4 user and client information into the server:
> > >
> > > Any update on this situation?
> > > My company is similarly concerned about this security issue and would
> > > like a way of passing through the user's perforce credentials.  Is
> > > anyone actively working on this issue?
> > > We have a large company and have many internal security groups.  There
> > > have been issues in the past with "server" accounts that make the IT
> > > department hesitant to set up a special Perforce account for the
> > > server.
> > > Can someone explain why the server needs Perforce access in the first
> > > place?  Why not just upload the required information as part of the
> > > user-side post-review script?
> > > BTW, I did install Windows NTLM authentication on my server using
> > > mod_auth_sspi with no issues so far, which provides a modicum of
> > > security.
To post to this group, send email to