We'd need a really clear UI for this. People do often review interdiffs themselves, so you'd need a way to distinguish between comments in each revision and comments on the interdiffs without it being confusing.
Christian -- Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED] VMware, Inc. On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:51 PM, eyal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > On Nov 11, 1:20 am, "Christian Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > People wrote comments, and I updated my diff. I can understand in ver2 > > > I can't see comments of ver1, but why not diff between 1-2? I want to > > > read comments of ver1 on 1-2 diff so to check whether all comments are > > > handled. > > > > The comments may not make sense on an interdiff. An interdiff is really > its > > own diff, and shouldn't contain comments from the other revisions. Lines > > won't match up correctly in most cases and the comments will just end up > > confusing. There's just no real solution to this. Furthermore, you may > not > > be able to create an new comment on a line if a comment from a previous > > revision is showing up there. > > This is actually something I find lacking in reviewboard. Without > going back and forth between the review request page and the diff > viewer, it's impossible to see how each comment was addressed in the > new revision. > The behavior I guess I'd expect is that comments are linked to a > single revision (but not to interdiffs), and that viewing an interdiff > will show the comments for both revisions (each on its own side, so > it's clear which revision the comment refers to). > > Eyal > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
