That sounds logical, but in fact the reason Review Board cannot handle
comments in inter-diffs is that in every diff view, there is only one
comment column, all at left. We always see diffs in two columns:
original and new, If we connect comments to one rev, we just need to
display them in the proper column. So that when I comment in diff r1,
it can display in 1-2 at the left, and all comments connected to r2
will show on the right. Take a look at Mondrian at Google (if you have
a chance), or there is a video at [

On Nov 11, 7:02 pm, "Christian Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We'd need a really clear UI for this. People do often review interdiffs
> themselves, so you'd need a way to distinguish between comments in each
> revision and comments on the interdiffs without it being confusing.
> Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> VMware, Inc.
> > > The comments may not make sense on an interdiff. An interdiff is really
> > its
> > > own diff, and shouldn't contain comments from the other revisions. Lines
> > > won't match up correctly in most cases and the comments will just end up
> > > confusing. There's just no real solution to this. Furthermore, you may
> > not
> > > be able to create an new comment on a line if a comment from a previous
> > > revision is showing up there.
> > This is actually something I find lacking in reviewboard. Without
> > going back and forth between the review request page and the diff
> > viewer, it's impossible to see how each comment was addressed in the
> > new revision.
> > The behavior I guess I'd expect is that comments are linked to a
> > single revision (but not to interdiffs), and that viewing an interdiff
> > will show the comments for both revisions (each on its own side, so
> > it's clear which revision the comment refers to).
> > Eyal
To post to this group, send email to