That sounds logical, but in fact the reason Review Board cannot handle comments in inter-diffs is that in every diff view, there is only one comment column, all at left. We always see diffs in two columns: original and new, If we connect comments to one rev, we just need to display them in the proper column. So that when I comment in diff r1, it can display in 1-2 at the left, and all comments connected to r2 will show on the right. Take a look at Mondrian at Google (if you have a chance), or there is a video at [http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=sMql3Di4Kgc]
On Nov 11, 7:02 pm, "Christian Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > We'd need a really clear UI for this. People do often review interdiffs > themselves, so you'd need a way to distinguish between comments in each > revision and comments on the interdiffs without it being confusing. > > Christian > > -- > Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED] > VMware, Inc. > > > > On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:51 PM, eyal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > On Nov 11, 1:20 am, "Christian Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > People wrote comments, and I updated my diff. I can understand in ver2 > > > > I can't see comments of ver1, but why not diff between 1-2? I want to > > > > read comments of ver1 on 1-2 diff so to check whether all comments are > > > > handled. > > > > The comments may not make sense on an interdiff. An interdiff is really > > its > > > own diff, and shouldn't contain comments from the other revisions. Lines > > > won't match up correctly in most cases and the comments will just end up > > > confusing. There's just no real solution to this. Furthermore, you may > > not > > > be able to create an new comment on a line if a comment from a previous > > > revision is showing up there. > > > This is actually something I find lacking in reviewboard. Without > > going back and forth between the review request page and the diff > > viewer, it's impossible to see how each comment was addressed in the > > new revision. > > The behavior I guess I'd expect is that comments are linked to a > > single revision (but not to interdiffs), and that viewing an interdiff > > will show the comments for both revisions (each on its own side, so > > it's clear which revision the comment refers to). > > > Eyal --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
