I'm not sure I understand your problem yet. Your auth backend should be able
to set this information if you want it to. Is the problem mainly that the
appropriate fields don't appear in the preferences page? If so, it's because
we're explicitly checking the backend type in the prefs template. We could
instead extend this to look for flags on the backend indicating whether that
field can be modified, and then just check if it's the auth backend *or* if
the flag exists and is True.

Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc.