On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure I understand your problem yet. Your auth backend should be able
> to set this information if you want it to. Is the problem mainly that the
> appropriate fields don't appear in the preferences page? If so, it's because
> we're explicitly checking the backend type in the prefs template. We could
> instead extend this to look for flags on the backend indicating whether that
> field can be modified, and then just check if it's the auth backend *or* if
> the flag exists and is True.

My auth backend doesn't really know what a first name, last name,
email etc is - it's just plain http auth (see api reference for
openstreetmap.org ;). Additional flags would be great, but somehow I
don't think it'll be in 1.0 so I will adapt the template myself until
then.

Regards,
--
Łukasz Jernaś