I decided to try this from a fresh install of lenny in a vm.  This
install has never seen a reviewboard install.  I hope was that in the
VM the migration would work, then I could just move my db back to my
production machine and it would have all the right columns.

This did not work though.  After doing an install to the VM according
to the direction on GettingStarted I copied my production db over the
fresh reviewboard.db.  I then ran rb-site upgrade /var/www/site and
copied the resulting reviewboard.db back to my machine.  I ran
sqlitebrowser and the scmtools_repository table had no encoding
column.  I altered the table to have an encoding varchar(32) column
but that cropped up another missing column error so I stopped there.

Mike