Ok, I had all sorts of problems because I wanted it to run under
http://<host>/reviewboard instead of http://<host>

I wanted this because I did not have another ip address configured on
the machine.  When I set it up this way it had all sorts of problems
finding the css files and so on-- it worked, but it was ugly.  I'm
sure if I was an apache expert, I could have worked it out with the
conf files, but I'm not :(.

Then I realized I could have apache listen on another port as well as
80 (Using the Listen directive), and the virtual host could just sit
on that port and leave the rest of the system undisturbed.

That worked straight away.

Kimon