Christian,

Thanks for the reply.  Since I have another site also being served by
lighttpd, I took the generated config file and inserted it's contents
in a conditional section of the existing lighttpd.conf.  If there's a
better way to do it, I'm all ears.  By the way, to get the css and
media files displayed I had to remove the line "^(/media/.*)$" =>
"$1", from the url.rewrite-once section.

Danny