I can't help with bulk user loading, but on item 1....

Once you have a working installation of post-review, you can use the
py2exe to create a windows executable which can be distributed to
staff (I'm assuming your users are working under windows).

I couldn't find a detailed explanation in the ReviewBoard archive, so
here's a step-by-step of how I did it (Windows XP Pro SP3, Python
2.5.4, Review Board 1.0 alpha 2)

1) Take as your starting point a working post-review.py script on a
Windows machine.

2) Download the py2exe package "py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.5.exe" from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15583 and
install.  (I assume you can use easy_install instead, but I can't make
it work with our web proxy)

3) Make sure there are no ".egg" files in the Python site-packages
folder (C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages). These are zipped and py2exe
can't handle them. They must be unzipped into folders of the same
name. If there are do the following:
    3a) Rename by adding a ".zip" extension after the ".egg" extension.
    3b) Unzip the extension to a folder with the same name as the
original ".egg" file.

4) In the same folder as post-review.py create a setup.py script
containing exactly the lines below. This will use py2exe to generate
the executable:

        from distutils.core import setup
        import py2exe

                options = {'py2exe': {'bundle_files': 1}},
                console = ['post-review.py'],
                zipfile = None,

5) Run the setup.py script:
        prompt> python setup.py py2exe

6) The distributable package (comprising two exes and a DLL) can be
found in the new dist/ subdirectory.
The dist folder contents can be copied to client PCs. The
post-review.exe program works in exactly the same way as the original
python script it was generated from.

7) post-review requires GNU diff (at least it does when you're using
Perforce as I am). Download the GnuWin32 package
"diffutils-2.8.7-1.exe" from

8) Run the diffutils installer. Accept the default options except
where prompted for documentation, which should be deselected as not

9) Copy the following files from C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin to the
post-review dist/ subdirectory:

10) Rename the dist/ folder to something descriptive, then ZIP it up
and distribute to users - alternatively, I was able to build a simple
Windows installer at no cost using NSIS and HM NIS Edit.