Raghu, I can't help with bulk user loading, but on item 1....
Once you have a working installation of post-review, you can use the py2exe to create a windows executable which can be distributed to staff (I'm assuming your users are working under windows). I couldn't find a detailed explanation in the ReviewBoard archive, so here's a step-by-step of how I did it (Windows XP Pro SP3, Python 2.5.4, Review Board 1.0 alpha 2) 1) Take as your starting point a working post-review.py script on a Windows machine. 2) Download the py2exe package "py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.5.exe" from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15583 and install. (I assume you can use easy_install instead, but I can't make it work with our web proxy) 3) Make sure there are no ".egg" files in the Python site-packages folder (C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages). These are zipped and py2exe can't handle them. They must be unzipped into folders of the same name. If there are do the following: 3a) Rename by adding a ".zip" extension after the ".egg" extension. 3b) Unzip the extension to a folder with the same name as the original ".egg" file. 4) In the same folder as post-review.py create a setup.py script containing exactly the lines below. This will use py2exe to generate the executable: from distutils.core import setup import py2exe setup( options = {'py2exe': {'bundle_files': 1}}, console = ['post-review.py'], zipfile = None, ) 5) Run the setup.py script: prompt> python setup.py py2exe 6) The distributable package (comprising two exes and a DLL) can be found in the new dist/ subdirectory. The dist folder contents can be copied to client PCs. The post-review.exe program works in exactly the same way as the original python script it was generated from. 7) post-review requires GNU diff (at least it does when you're using Perforce as I am). Download the GnuWin32 package "diffutils-2.8.7-1.exe" from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm 8) Run the diffutils installer. Accept the default options except where prompted for documentation, which should be deselected as not required. 9) Copy the following files from C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin to the post-review dist/ subdirectory: diff.exe libiconv2.dll libintl3.dll 10) Rename the dist/ folder to something descriptive, then ZIP it up and distribute to users - alternatively, I was able to build a simple Windows installer at no cost using NSIS and HM NIS Edit. David On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Raghu Kaippully <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi, > > I have been evaluating review board to see if we can use it within our > organization for code reviews. The initial reaction was very good and we are > nearing the end of a pilot phase where we'll roll this out to a large number > of users. I had a couple of questions: > > 1. Our development/build environment is perl based and nobody has python > installed in their machines. This is going to make it hard for installing > post-review. Has somebody thought about creating an installer that bundles > python, setuptools, all required modules, and post-review into one package? I > tried creating a Windows installer using NSIS and found it quite simple. Can > I conribute that to review board? > > 2. Is there a way to bulk-load all users and groups into the database? If we > do not do that a requester will not be able to add a reviewer in the review > request till the reviewer has logged in at least once. > > Thanks in advance for the help, > Raghu > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
