Thanks for the help, not the easiest of install processes but i got
there in the end. Im hoping this tool is just what we need.

A quick question (as after reading the doc i thought this is how
Review Board would work but im not 100% sure now), basically i was
hoping to add some sort of pre-commit hook in SVN so that.

User commits to SVN
Pre-Commit Hooks that event and adds a new review request in
Code is reviewed in Review Board
Once code has been given the OK it moves into the SVN repository.

Im a little confused about how to make this happen, i.e. review board
seems to be asking for all these diff's as files etc, which seems
quite manual.

Is that how it works or am i just not understanding things correctly?
Maybe i've had too much coffee today!

On May 8, 11:24 am, Christian Hammond <> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> You need to grab RC2, which was released tonight. It fixes this issue.
> Christian Hammond -
> Review Board -
> VMware, Inc. -
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Chris <> wrote:
> > I've tried to hunt around but cant seem find a simple answer to this
> > problem.
> > Im trying to install review board on windows and the guide seemed half
> > written, i.e. i installed all the dependancies then it just says once
> > you've finished getting review board installed you will want to create
> > a site.
> > After searching i found and followed this guide
> >
> > which seems to have gotten me 99% of the way there now.
> > I can get all the way to installing the site then i hit an issue, i
> > get:
> > Building site configuration files ... OK
> > Creating database ... Unable to read
> > I've got mySQL installed and running (giving the root password to the
> > installer for review board), apache is up and running as is memcached.
> > The really odd thing is that it says it cant read the
> > file but it creates that file itself in the conf
> > directory of the site? Im running as the admin of the server as well
> > so have full rights over the files.
> > If anyone could give me a hint as to what to look at i really want to
> > get this sorted, Review Board seems like a great tool if only i could
> > get it working :)
> > Thanks,
> > Chris
To post to this group, send email to