>Plus we're really Linux guys and most of our users are installing on Linux

On a related note, I thought I'd mention the problems I had installing
with CentOS.

It comes with python 2.4, and the untar features are unavailable (2.5
and above apparently), so I had to manually work out some of the
processes for a not so easy 'easy_install'.

I managed to install it in the end (though no memcache related things
available with the yum package database for CentOS). But when it came
to running it, it fell over, as the mysql python bindings package
version was not above the minimum required. However, I have installed
with gentoo no probs for the purposes of trialling ... problem is, I
want to run the service on our vmware ESX server, but couldn't get the
vmware workstation cloned image of the trial with gentoo to boot...
problems bringing up eth0.