Hi Chris,

We definitely want to improve the Windows install. The issue is that a lot
of what we depend on isn't made to easily install on Windows. Plus we're
really Linux guys and most of our users are installing on Linux. However, I
know that better instructions would help with this, and I'll see about
improving them. Review Board 1.0 RC3 will make rb-site easier to use as
well, since we'll be providing an rb-site.exe that will be in the path,
instead of making you run a script in Python.

I'm not sure I understand your instructions. You commit, then want that
posted for review, then commit the fixes based on that? That's a post-commit
model, not pre-commit. Pre-commit would be where you haven't committed
anything yet to the official tree, and wait to do so until your code is

There are users who use Review Board in a post-commit model, or post code to
a branch and then merge when done, and have hooks for this. For example, see

Now, what most users do is use our post-review tool (part of RBTools - see
http://www.review-board.org/docs/manual/dev/users/tools/post-review/) to
post and update review requests. You basically just set it up and then, in
your SVN tree, run:

Which will post a new review request, upload the diff, and provide the URL
of the posted code. To update an existing review request with a new version
of the diff, run:

    post-review -r <reviewrequestid>

There's a section in the docs I listed above for post-review that explains
how to set that all up and use it. You won't have to manually build diffs
and upload through the web interface.

Most (if not all) of the pre-commit and post-commit hooks out there make use
of post-review, as that's the standard, official command line tool for
talking to a Review Board server right now.