Almost sounds like PySVN is crashing or something. Otherwise, some exception
would be shown, and you'd see *something* on the screen.

Which distro is this, and what method did you use for installing both libsvn
and pysvn?

Are you using http, https, svn://, or svn+ssh:// for the SVN repository?

One thing to try is to open up a python console and type the following:

    import pysvn
    client = pysvn.Client()

    # If you have a username and password configured, specify the lines
below. Otherwise, don't type them.
    client.set_default_username("YOUR_REPO_USERNAME")
    client.set_default_password("YOUR_REPO_PASSWORD")

    # Specify the full path to the file below, with the repository path
included.
    data = client.cat("YOUR_FILE_PATH_WITH_REPO", "REVISION_TO_FETCH")
    print data

If this crashes, you'll see some sort of useful error. Ideally, you should
use the same data you're giving to Review Board.