It should just be the field constraints from those FileFields. We don't do
any custom validation checks in those forms that I can see.

It could potentially fail if the diff itself is empty, even though the name
is populated. Are they uploading using post-review? Might be worth seeing
what post-review --output-diff shows. Or otherwise, just making sure the
diff is non-empty.

Short of that, I wouldn't be able to see off-hand without seeing the code
and doing my own debugging.

Though it's probably not the cause, it also might be worth checking if there
are any proxy settings getting in the way. We used to run into some issues
with users who were going through the proxy for the Review Board server
(despite it being within the network), and some stuff broke along the way.
Though I don't believe we hit file upload issues.