Regarding this issue on the 1.1 alpha nightlies, I believe it is
caused by the patch I submitted in this review:
http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/1295/

It seems as though my fix for the New Review Request web UI broke the
diff upload mechanism.  This affects both the web UI for uploading new
diffs to existing reviews and using post-review to upload new diffs.

I'm going to look into this.  I'll let you know what I find.