>From a python prompt, type:

    import PIL

If that fails, then PIL is not installed on the system. If it does work,
then we need to investigate why your Python isn't seeing it. I assume you've
done a web server restart since installing Review Board?

Christian

-- 
Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com


On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM, nshenry03 <nshenr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am getting the same issue:
>
> r...@scubuntuvm1:~# python --version
> Python 2.5.2
> r...@scubuntuvm1:~# lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Description:    Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS
> Release:        8.04
> Codename:       hardy
> r...@scubuntuvm1:~# uname -r
> 2.6.24-23-generic
>
> On Dec 14, 2:26 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The manual updates page is old and generally isn't seen anymore. We'll
> need
> > to update the text to reference rb-site instead of manage.py.
> >
> > The error definitely seems to be that PIL isn't installed correctly. Yes,
> > easy_install should get it, but perhaps something went wrong. What
> version
> > of Python is being used on the system?
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > --
> > Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
> > Review Board -http://www.reviewboard.org
> > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Dregel <dre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > After following the installation guide, I got RB kind of working on
> > > centos but when I go to default page I get the message: Manual server
> > > updates required
> >
> > > The suggestion is to run manage.py. After some investigation I found
> > > someone that recommended a rb-site upgrade instead and that command
> > > reveals a problem:
> >
> > > []# rb-site -d upgrade /var/www/reviewboard
> > > Rebuilding directory structure
> > > Updating database. This may take a while.
> > > Error: One or more models did not validate:
> > > reviews.screenshot: "image": To use ImageFields, you need to install
> > > the Python Imaging Library. Get it at
> > >http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
> > > .
> >
> > > What gives? I thought PIL was correctly installed when running
> > > easy_install but it's not working. Any suggestions?
> >
> > > --
> > > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
> > >http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
> > > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> > > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> <reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> >
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>
> --
> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>

-- 
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

Reply via email to