After following the installation guide, I got RB kind of working on
centos but when I go to default page I get the message: Manual server
updates required

The suggestion is to run manage.py. After some investigation I found
someone that recommended a rb-site upgrade instead and that command
reveals a problem:

[]# rb-site -d upgrade /var/www/reviewboard
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.
Error: One or more models did not validate:
reviews.screenshot: "image": To use ImageFields, you need to install
the Python Imaging Library. Get it at http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

What gives? I thought PIL was correctly installed when running
easy_install but it's not working. Any suggestions?